Baking fresh bread couldn’t be easier with our #BakeOn Gluten Free bread mix! This recipe makes 1 medium 900g loaf or 2 small 450g loaves of bread (temperatures, oven times and weight of baked loaves may vary).
1 x 375g pouch of Gluten Free Bread Mix (shop here)
310ml warm water
40ml vegetable oil
1. Place 310ml of warm water, 40ml vegetable oil and the 375g bag of Gluten Free Bread Mix into a bowl.
2. Either mix together using a cutting action with a rounded knife until dough has formed, approx 3 minutes OR place in your food mixer using dough hook attachment and mix on medium for 2 minutes.
3. Use hands to form a dough ball or to shape into buns. You may need to dust surface and hands with gluten free flour to shape. You do not need to knead the dough. Either, divide the dough and place into two well greased 450g tins or one 900g loaf tin or onto a greased baking tray if making buns. Lightly sprinkle top and wet sides of dough with water and cover with a clean damp cloth.
4. Leave in a warm place for approx 30-45 minutes or until dough roughly doubles in size. Brush with egg for a golden crust.
5. Bake for 5 minutes at 220°C or until the crusts are golden and then reduce heat to 190°C for a further 20-25 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack. Enjoy – we like it warm with butter.